Thursday, October 30, 2008

Birth Control = Nauseation

So it was Wednesday afternoon and on the fridge I noticed I had missed not only my morning dose of today's birth control but also yesterdays... Uh, not good! So what do I do.. exactly what I was told to do... well sort of.. at 2:30pm I took Tuesdays dose and then before I went to bed at 11pm I took that day's dose so I should be all caught up for today (Thursday).

yeah well .. you know... that isn't such a great thing to do.

So last night about 3.5 hours after I took that dose I woke up. And I mean I woke up like wide awake. It wasn't like a slow waking where you feel groggy. I was wide awake. I turned over to look at the clock which showed 2:26 and felt so nauseated. Like a full on I'm about to explode nauseous feeling.

I sit up and that made it worse!!!! I somehow knew that I wasn't going to go right then so I go grab a bowl and head to the living room so as not to wake up Jeff. I turned the tv on and slowly headed back to the couch to sit down. Yep.. that wasn't working.. Maybe time would be all I needed to feel better. But time was not on my side. I grabbed the bowl and immediately heaved everything in it. I'm surprised my stomach didn't come up with it!!!

So I sat back for a minute and turned on "You've Got Mail". I spent the next 5 hours in and out of consciousness still feeling sick. But can I tell you since I was younger that movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks has always been my favorite movie to watch when you're ill. Its my sick movie and if I created a sick bag it would be the first thing in the bag even before medicine and other stuff. You can't feel better without this movie.. Its soothing!

Anyway, so I'm supposed to take today's dose at 10am like I usually do but am way too nervous to do so.. I'm thinking I will take it at 2pm and see how I do.. that would be 15 hours after the last one.

Oh, but you know, last night I had some weird, massive, sugar, cravings and was eating nearly everything in site from the Halloween candy basket we have to ice cream, secret chocolate I have hidden from Jeff, chips and salsa... yeah Jeff kept calling me a "fattie" for which my response was I'd run it off the next morning.. so much for running today though... However when he woke up this morning and found me on the couch the first thing I said to him was, "See I told you I'd burn it off... no running needed"

Nice huh! Oh, this is why you shouldn't take things that mess with your body!

2 comments:

The Eds said...

Are you sure you didn't have the flu- like us!!!

And stay away from the binge foods- You should be picturing me on your shoulder saying "Candice, is that really worth it?"

Ammon and Tasha said...

No no no picture me and not Jeni - I would tell you sweet things like YUMMY that taste freaking good! :) Hope you feel better soon!