Monday, November 1, 2010

We adjust to the new Joy in our life!








Life has been an absolute joy mixed with adjustments as well this last week. Faith is so cute. We gave her, her first bath and Jeff decided to take it with her. She seemed to think "what is going on" when we first placed her in the tub. But she adjusted well and seems to love her baths now except when I give them to her when she is still hungry. When she turned 2 weeks old, she seemed to not sleep as long as she used to and I became extremely tired so much so that on the third night I had a breakdown of crying and I swear Jeff thought I was psychotic and needed to be institutionalized.



      During the day we will sometimes take our naps with her. We both love it. Jeff and her are below. Isn't it cute? But I must say my photo is obviously staged while the other two are actually sleeping.


I went through "New Mommy Syndrome" along with my breakdowns this last week. I think I am starting to get over it but it was pretty bad for a while. The slightest change in her was like I thought she had something wrong with her. If her sleep patterns changed to, her skin looking chapped and dry, to her poop changing colors or consistency, to her eating habits... it didn't matter what it was, I thought something was wrong with her. Jeff kept telling me she was fine and I slowly had to trust him that it was. I have a new P.H.D. in Google as Jenny McCarthy says. I looked up every change.




One day when her sleep patters changed she seemed to always be hungry and eating and would never sleep. It would take me forever to get her to bed. This went on for another day and I remember talking to her telling her that she can't she be hungry because I have nothing left and she has completely drained me. Jeff made me get out the pump to see if I had any and sure enough I did to my amazement! Who knew someone so tiny could eat so much!




We have adjusted now and she is sleeping and eating more regularly. She is just our little angel and when she actually lets Mommy have some "me time" to clean the house or even take a shower and get a bite to eat then I ended up missing her and wanting her to wake up so I can hug her. Halloween came and we dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. Faith just wore a onsie that says, "I love my Mummy".  We went to the "Trunk or Treat" at the church building and handed out candy to all the kids. It was fun to get out and see everyone.



Faith did the most wonderfl thing for a mom to see at her age. She followed a rattle and moved her head from side to side. Ah, she is growing up so fast!!!

0 comments: