Sunday, November 28, 2010

Faith's 1st Priesthood Blessing!

My beautiful daughter received her very first Priesthood blessing this morning from her father as he gave her a baby blessing. We were both so excited for this day and to have our family surround us.
I had planned to have a get together afterwards as is the tradition on my side of the family and it turned out wonderful. I love to host events and have family get togethers. Its what I enjoy most and I love to be around others.

Faith woke up this morning at 6am and as I was nursing her and helping her to fall back asleep I all of a sudden became overwhelmed with emotion thinking that this was the first time that she would not only receive her first priesthood blessing but that it would be given by her Father.  
I never expected to feel emotional over this. It was just a blessing of her name and I couldn't help myself. I knew the spirit in my home was strong at this time and I couldn't hold back my tears. I want so much for her and I was anticipating this moment for so long.

 Jeff and I had our own prayer before we left for church and I felt that our family was strong and was so excited at the joy that she will bring into our lives.
 But I was mostly overcome with gratitude to my Father in Heaven for all the blessing and the trials he has given us that have helped us become who we are as a family and as individuals. The Lord has truly blessed my life with many things and even the trials have given me strength and has furthered my testimony that Jesus Christ, my brother and savior, loves each of us.
 Jeff and I have been through so much together that I sometimes wonder how we can still be together and love each other as much as we do. Our beautiful daughter was named Faith for the exact meaning of the word. Both of us have had to rely heavily on faith in the Lord to get us through our trials as a married couple. We have and are still relying on our faith that we will one day be sealed as an eternal family. It is a tough and trying time and has been going on for 2 years but we are continuing to push through it as nothing would give us greater joy than to have our family become eternal.
 Jeff constantly would tell me to have "faith" when we were trying to conceive a child and it took just that after a year to give us our beautiful baby girl. She is so wonderful and I know she will live up to her name and be an example to others as she was blessed in her blessing today.
 I am truly grateful each and every day to have the gospel in my life and the joy I have to feel of my Father's spirit and to know that he loves us. I await the day that we can return to him and to feel of his love in his presence. I am so overcome with joy and gratitude to him for entrusting us with one of his daughters who has now become our daughter as well.
 Families can be together forever and there is no greater blessing than that for our Father in Heaven to give us and what a joy it is to know that we will be.
 Faith,

 I want you to know how much I love you and your Dad loves you. We are so grateful to be your parents and to know that you bless our lives and bring joy into it each and every day.

 Waking up to you every morning is the greatest gift in the world and I love to see your beautiful face.
 Your Dad and I wish you the absolute best in life and want you to always live up to your name and to know that we will always be there for you. I know that being a mom and a wife were going to be my greatest joys just as my patriarchal blessing stated it would be and it most certainly is. Having your Father and you in my life is all that I need to continue to be happy.
 Motherhood is such a sweet and wonderful journey and I know that you will understand this when you grow older and become one yourself. There is such a love there that words can't express.
 I love you Faith, forever and always and thank you everyday for your sweet spirit which has entered our home.
I anxiously await each of your growing milestones and to be apart of every single one of them.

 Your Father and I love you so very much and await the day we will be sealed to you and to each other as an eternal family.

 Love,
Mom and Dad

 Faith's Baby Blessing (Notes from Ron Neilson)

Heavenly Father,
By the power of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold we present this baby to thee for a blessing. The name on the records of the Church which she shall be known as is Faith Elizabeth Hawkins.
We bless you with health and to be strong. You will be a blessing in our lives. As you progress to the age of eight you will know that the gospel is true and have the desire to be baptized. As you get older you'll be a leader in the Young Women's program and teach those around you. Later in your life as you progress you continue to help others and as you become a young woman you will find a young man worthy of the Priesthood and join him in the temple and raise a healthy family. You'll be a wonderful mother. Once again, I bless you with health, and to be strong living in this mortal existence. You'll have joy, health, and help those who are in need. I give these blessings and all others you are in need of in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

0 comments: