Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Thrifty Addiction!

Coming to terms that my daughter is 3 1/2 months old is hard. She has grown so much!!!! Her smiles have become a constant companion in my daily routine and I love every minute of my time with her. We have gotten to a point of boredom with her and I. She can only stand to look at the same toys for so long. I have to rotate her from different playmats and then play with her toys at different times during the day. Otherwise I end up with a very bored and fussy baby. No fun!

My favorite time has been the library's "Baby & Me" and "Baby Bookworm". I will randomly go to 3 different libraries 3 days a week. My constant is the West Jordan library where I now go with a neighbor and lady from my ward and her 18 month old little girl. Its nice to have someone to go with. The first time we went Jeff came with me though and this is us at the Taylorsville library. Faith might be a little young to get into it. She seems more focused on staring at all the other kids rather than the songs but when we go home and I sing the songs and do the actions with her she is all giggles.
I have started to take her on walks with the dogs during the day. Its a bit difficult with her strapped in the baby harness carrier on my chest and my trying to control two dogs on a leash from getting tangled and from pulling on me but at least she gets to look around and it gets the dogs out. I can't wait for spring when its warmer and I don't have to put her in a snowsuit and hope its 40 degrees or above.
I went to Grandma Meservy's one day and she introduced us to bathing in the sink. She looks so big in the sink and so small when she is in the tub. I think she is to the point of needing some bath toys though. She loved to stare at the cork bobbing in the water and the floating duck we have in our tub at home.

I don't really know why adults like to put infants sitting up in big chairs and couches. I think its because they look so grown up but I love to snap photos of her doing it.
She has begun to suck on her fingers and drool alot. I actually think she may be teething earlier than I would like. I will miss her toothless grin if that's true.

I have become a thrifty shopper. I go to at least one DI store once a week on average. Its ridiculous but I love it! Not only does it get my need to spend money and shop out of the way but it also is great because I save so much money at the same time. I used to go to buy children's books. I love to read and I have already started to read to her at 3 months and she loves to look at the pics. I went to one DI a few weeks ago and got the below 18 toys for only $25!!! Most of these are preschool so she will use by or before she is 18 months old.
The next week I went and bought the below kitchen set for $15. I know she wont' use them for a couple years but it will just stay in the basement until Santa brings it to her in two Christmas's from now. 
Most of the toys I buy cost $2 or less like the below toy which was only $2 and she can sit on it and it rocks slightly and will make music as well. The others are like $1 or $1.50. Now who can argue with that. I do have to be a bit picky though and buy things that are pretty clean and kept together.
Jeff thinks its funny that she is 3 months old and her library consists of 143 books already and I am soooo not done adding to it!! I love books and when you can buy them for a quarter or two it makes it really easy to not feel guilty about it. Ahhh, I love love love being thrifty!!!!

Faith has learned recently to grab for a few things. She is grabbing onto the playmat toys and holding on. I don't know if she is actually consciously doing it but when she feels it she grabs and doesn't let go. She has become obsessed with the song of Humpty Dumpty in which I have her fall back when Humpty falls off the wall and then when I place her back on my knee I bounce her fast and sing fast "all the kings.... " and she is a giggly mess after that. Its sooo much fun! I can't wait for her to roll over and start doing all her other accomplishments!!! 


0 comments: