Thursday, February 10, 2011

Faith's Accomplishments

Faith has had an eventful day today but the last week or two has been leading up to these accomplishments. Its been exciting. Here she is watching Einstein but a new dvd which is introducing her to the water world and animals. I bought the 26 dvd collection which can be found online (not at stores) for around $50 rather than buying each dvd at $15 each. So another way I have learned to save money.
About two weeks ago I noticed that she was trying to grab and hold onto the toys on her play mat. She wasn't very good at keeping them in her hand but she did at least get a hold of them as you can see above.

The other day, Jeff noticed her smiling and cooing at the tv.. it was showing a picture of a cow and making cow noises. He rewinded it for me and she did it again! So cute!!! That was the mark of her love of animals. She must be learning from her mommy. She has become obsessed with watching the dogs, Nala and Minnie run around. She is always staring at everything they do.
She has learned that mommy can make a new sound where it almost sounds like Donald Duck talking. She thinks it soooo funny and here is her smile to prove it.
Faith poops on her own now about once every 2 weeks. She will go twice in one day which is fantastic and I think she is getting better. My friend, Mary suggested I take a pic of what I was looking at today as I tell you my crazy thought I had but I have decided that you couldn't possibly look at her poop filled diaper with as much joy as I did. When she pooped on her own I picked up the diaper, opened it, looked at, and a smile creeped onto my face. It was that moment the thought entered my head that I was wishing I could frame this wonderful accomplishment my daughter made. Its so beautiful!!! Okay, well its not beautiful but this is what becomes a wonderful thing to a mom whose baby doesn't go on her own. You become fascinated with your baby doing things that others will do normally on their own.             

I did have a video of the next best thing but its having problems uploading... maybe because its too long.. But I captured Faith taking the plastic rings that hang down from her playmat and she put it in her mouth on her own and would hold it there while she sucked on it! I usually help her but she did it on her own! I was so proud of her!!! We are now working with her on rolling over. I'm sure I will eventually regret that as I wont' be able to leave her for even a split second on my bed or anything but I can't wait for that milestone! I uploaded a different video of her grabbing the toys above but it doesn't end happy because she is actually just waiting for me to make her a bottle... she is impatient at the end... probably because I keep snapping photos of her rather than actually getting her bottle ready. What a bad mom! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say, it's a good thing you didn't post a picture of her poop... I would have stopped reading forever!