Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!

So this year, I was disappointed and living in agony that I have not had a fall season and a winter season was looking bleak here in Texas! ... Then one day all that changed....

Can you believe it??? So I knew yesterday morning when I woke up that it was bitter cold and raining and had to be like 40 degrees out because it felt like home but this was totally unexpected.

I was working at the mall that morning and it was so slow... there was like no one in the store at all the whole day... and I knew it was because no one wanted to go outside in weather like that but it wasn't snowing.

Later that night I couldn't stay awake as Jeff and I were watching the "Dark Knight" so I got up near the end and crawled into bed which was much colder without Jeff's insane body heat to keep me warm. I pulled all 3 blankets over my head as we had no heater in that room and instantly fell asleep. Next thing I knew, Jeff was calling my name and I opened my eyes unsure of where I was because it was pitch black. That's how tired I was. I forgot that I had blankets on top of me. When I finally realized it I pulled them back and Jeff told me it was snowing outside. I didn't believe him. I jumped up, and this is what I found:!!!

Despite freezing my butt off, it made me feel as though I was back at home. I loved it!! I miss the seasons and this was awesome! The firehouse even had a snowman outside this morning. I guess everyone was out playing in the snow at 2 in the morning!

Even Nala loved it! I think she missed it... She began running around and eating it!

But it didn't melt immediately. This was Nala playing at 11 the next morning. It was great!

4 comments:

The Pack Family said...

Awwwwwww Thats sweet! If you miss it here... COME BACK! Here misses you too!! LOL

Unknown said...

Snow in Texas!? Who knew!

The Eds said...

Lets not get to dramatic...we all knew it snowed in Houston when we lived there years ago. This isn't a once in a century event.

J/k I would be excited too...do you remember when it snowed in PHX and we were in dad motorhome like the box car children. It never stuck once it hit the ground though

Anonymous said...

Man, Jeni just says it like it is. But if you love the snow so much...some back here:) We have plenty.