Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm Declaring myself as a Non-Tourist
















So I found that I have officially hated tourists in NYC! They are everywhere and need to go! Now, I love the people. Its my favorite part in NY to walk and there are always hundreds of people nearby but seriously... the tourists get in your way, stand by, slow down, and stop right in front of you because they don't know what in the world they are doing!!!!










So I went to Wicked which I have been waiting to see for years and loved it!! I hate to admit this but because Wicked is such a spectacle and huge performance I actually found that I enjoyed Gypsy almost better with Patty Lupone who won the Tony for it. But don't get me wrong, Wicked was still amazing!





Of course I couldn't stop bragging about my Yankees even when they suck like they have this year. And I loved going to the Yankees game vs the Red Sox even though we lost 11-3. The Red Sox pulled 7 runs in the 8th inning and we went through 3 pitches in that inning alone!!! Such a disgrace... Now I've been telling everyone that at these games Red Sox fans that are too loud are A**holed out of the stadium. Yep thats right. So the videos below were after they chanted the A*hole part but you can get the idea how it works.. Although it was such a disgrace that after that 8th inning Denise and I were surrounded by nothing but a sea of red shirts. Yep- all the Yank fans left us to fend for ourselves with the Bosux fans. And so unfortunately one loud and drunk Yankee fan got kicked out of the stadium by the Red Sox fans. That was even more humiliating than losing the game that bad... So sad, really! Check out Denise and I's faces after experiencing the horrific humiliation They are at the top of this paragraph.


I found myself wandering around Central Park by myself while Denise worked one of the nights... and then a distubring thing happened to me.. I saw a couple in their mid-forties laying on the grass going at it in such a way that meant they really needed to get a room... Um yeah... don't they know they aren't alone in this park and their are children like .... everywhere!!!



After that I fell asleep on the grass for an hour and woke up to it being twilight.. grabbed a subway and met Denise. We went to this place called Red Mango for some dessert. I'm greedy and ordered the large even through Denise's warning that it was big and well look at this sucker... I ate almost the whole thing... and then found out I just ate mini-bugs... Yep.. I found out looking at the side of the container that it meets the LIVE CULTURES standards of NY and I was like what??? Denise then proceeded to tell me that its in all yogurt which is why it aids in digestion! How did I not know this!!! So I told her I was eating mini-bugs and she said no its a bacteria... and I said hello- thus meaning mini-bugs... bacteria is a germ and the pictures of germs are like globs of goo with legs meaning its a bug that is so microscopic you can't see.. Mini- bugs I ate!! OH, gross! At least they tasted good!
So that was my NYC trip in a nut shell. I'm still trying to post my video of my home blog but unfortunately its a large file and takes forever.. I have to spend my days going to Barnes & Nobles to use internet because we don't have any at home. I can only sit here for so long waiting for this thing to upload. I'll try the library this weekend so you can see it. Its pretty funny, if I may say so myself.

4 comments:

Ammon and Tasha said...

GROSS you ate bugs!!! :) Glad that you were able to hang out with your sister! Sounds like you had a good trip!

The Pack Family said...

How can you be in a box with your wormy friends and in NY at the same time... this is a plot! to make people think your still alive isnt it... ohhh im onto you mister axe murder guy...

ps. September blues blog on my site is updated and giving you full credit for making me die under the crushing weight of lonliness... teehee

Unknown said...

I want to leave and go play in the city! Glad to see you had a great time. The people being taken out of the baseball game...priceless.

Mary said...

Oh, so fun! I can't wait to get to NY & I would love to go to a MLB game. I love baseball. See you soon:)