Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lets just call it a "Twilight" Adventure












My move to Texas b
egan and of course Jeff was with me. We began at 5:30am and things were going smoothly or so I thought when Nala after 1 hour was still panting and shaking like a leaf. I should have got a sedative for her. I would think her muscles would have been exhausted being held tight for that long. Well I told myself after a few hours she would be okay but um well... this picture was taken at Twilight that night and um.. well.. yeah.. you can see she is still crazed.. And look at that tongue.. Seriously!!! Put that away!

Speaking of Twilight... that book kept Jeff and I sane for the whole trip. We read it and finished it in 2 days with a few hours to spare before arriving to our new home the next day but at 3:30 AM so a 2 day drive... Here is Jeff reading to me.. he only read about 1 hour tops. I must say my voice is doing just fine for having read nearly 500 pages out loud! Yikes! There was a video of me reading but its too big to load. Sorry everyone and to think I was going to make you guess what part of the book I was reading.



Somewhere in Colorado we stopped at the Ute Museum, mainly just to take these photos and let Nala pee but aren't they cute. I think Nala wanted to make it her new home.. Anything to keep her out of the truck. Poor thing!



So one of my favorite parts of the trip had to be this hotel we stayed at in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They were renovating the Day's Inn and had tape with marker written on it so you knew which room # was yours.. WHAT?!?!?! Seriously... it was so funny. Although I didn't appreciate the hammering that occurred at 8:30 in the morning. No wonder it was $35 cheaper than the hotel next door.











So the saying of "everything is bigger in Texas" has now brought more meaning into my life because look at the size of their boarder sign!!! What?!?! Its like the size of my bedroom!! Oh and lets not even discuss the fact that the exit sign which says nothing on it but exit with an arrow pointing is like 4 feet tall and wide!! Do they think we are blind?!?! Yeah well... um.. enough said about that..




This part beats the hotel though. Jeff decided to prove that men have a fetish with motored toys and its like they are a magnet being pulled to anything with a motor in it. He decided Wal-Mart needed help returning the handicapped shopping cart back to the store which someone left in the parking lot.....



So for those of you who are waiting for the video of my new home... I haven't completed it yet and will post it later this week while I'm in NYC. I have to do some cleaning to the house first so that you can at least appreciate the um.. well. I don't even know what to call it. But honestly, I do love this place. Its endearing! Jeff came home last night from work and said that it was actually looking like a home now.. because before lets face it... it just looked like wood thrown together to keep one out of the rain... :)

Until then...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL- you guys are gomers! So glad you made it safe and that your wood pile is begining to feel like home :)

Miss you a lot!

Hi Jeffery! Keep her smiling! ANd yes, I am calling you Jeffery.