Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beauty & the Beast Princess Party!!!

A month or so ago my friends Kristie and Mary and I were eating at Olive Garden for lunch when we began discussing how we loved the Beauty & the Beast movie and thought we should all watch it together sometime.
Following that I decided to host a party in celebration of the movie we love!!! Even though my mom hates this movie as they changed the original story of which she loves so much.

  My being the cheapy and not wanting to pay through the nose just for Disney's high priced decorations I printed off some coloring pages online and made my own as you can see below but my Decor Critic of the age of 4, Reagan came in and was so fond of the beautiful picture of Belle displayed. I of course cracked a smile at my genius work.
 And here she is.. Now she is dressed as Snow White for this princess party which is clearly the wrong princess we are celebrating but we love her anyway so we let her stay. :)
 I went out and bought the game, Pretty, Pretty Princess. If you don't have it then you must buy it if you have little girls at home. Its a must have!!! You move across the board and can only put on the piece of jewelry you land on. The object is to get all pieces of jewelry on and the crown before anyone else! Mary was our pretty pretty princess winner much to Reagan's dismay and her tears certainly let us know it! :) Dont' you just love 4 year olds!
  We then ate pizza and garlic bread and brownies with ice cream! Yum! We sure loved our calorie consumption!
 It was then move and coloring time! Brenden becomes so anxious and nervous when Belle is attacked by the wolves!! He nearly eats his hand off.. He was our one and only prince at the party.
 The best part was when all 3 of us older gals belted out every song to the movie! We apparently thought we should be the next chorus group for the next Disney movie! Reagan sure did tell us to be quiet so she could hear the movie.. but we didn't seem to listen! We only stopped when I attempted to video tape it and then somehow everyone's voices were lost and not to be found again.



 Whats a party without making a few faces that are to be remembered!
 Another intense moment when Gaston and the villagers raid the castle.. Will the Beast make it through?
 Faith decided to join the party after her long nap.. She wasn't sure what to think of all the noise and craziness going on and decided not to give a smile to anyone but gave in to wearing a crown eventually especially when she saw it lit up and sparkled. Needless to say it was a fun night of which all us princesses will be getting together soon again!

2 comments:

Jennae said...

How fun! I am definately going to look into that game! I've never heard of it.

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

I love that movie! What a cute idea. I have to tell you, again, how much my daughter loves you guys! All I heard during Sacrament meeting to day was, "How much longer until Primary? I have to give Sister Hawkins my letter." She loves her crown BTW!