Monday, March 28, 2011

Some VERY Unexpected News!!!

A little more than 6 weeks ago I began rocking Faith to sleep in a chair and I would sing to her some songs. Some were Disney, some were lullabies, and some were church favorites of mine. I was all of a sudden overcome with the feeling that there was a little boy waiting for Jeff and I. It was so overpowering that I told Jeff later that night what I had felt. Roughly two weeks following that on a Saturday I was at the gym running as I was supposed to complete 4 miles that day. I was struggling. I had been on a fruit diet and had been complaining of being extremely tired for the last week. I was beyond tired that day and truly didn't want to be running. I could barely make it through this run. I was walking a lot of it and just could barely get through it.

I had made it 3.15 miles and suddenly the thought entered my mind, "You're pregnant!" I immediately wrestled with my thoughts thinking I couldn't be. But then I counted back and I was over a week late. I came home and told Jeff and it was the first thing that I said to him when I opened the door. He didn't think I was right but I was lying on the floor feeling horrible after the run. We went and bought a test. Not even 2 seconds afterwards the test clearly stated I was pregnant. I sat down on the ground and smiled thinking "I knew I was right". Jeff couldn't believe it. The next few hours were spent in a hysteria of crying and laughing. They would be only 12 months apart.

I am now 9 weeks and it has been a journey thus far raising Faith and being sick and tired all the time but I am now getting excited to bring a new little one into this world. I think it will be easier to get the pre-school years done with all at once rather than space it out and drag it out longer. Besides, now they will be best buds and can play with each other. So once again, Jeff and I are expanding the family.