Thursday, June 19, 2008

Extreme Cruelty Owners Bestow Upon their Dogs


Has anyone paid attention to the cruelty we bestow on those we claim to love with all our hearts? Its baffling. I saw the movie Rocky Balboa last week and couldn't believe what I was seeing. He gets this old mutt that doesn't look as though it will last many more years and then takes the dog with him while he runs for his training. The problem lies in the weather he was running in. It was snowing and looked bitter cold. The poor thing didn't have a choice and was never asked if he wanted to run in the icy weather for miles on end. Then I remembered that I was no better and took my dog on long runs when I was training for the marathon thinking she would love it just as much as I did. The first time was 12 miles and when I got home she and I crashed on the couch and I noticed the pads on her feet were bleeding. Well two weeks later I took her to run 14 miles and thought she would have toughened up a little. To my dismay I found her bleeding again after the 11th mile and we had no choice but to make her run the next 3 miles as I was too tired to carry her. One protein bar can only take you so far. Poor Nala!

0 comments: